Friday, May 19, 2017

Mario Times Two


And while we're on the subject of High Point, another favorite introduction of mine are the Mario Twins, a set of bunching tray tables designed by the great Mario Buatta.  Part of Kindel's Designer Artist Series, the tables have removable tray tops, meaning they're the perfect tables on which to serve tea or hors d'oeuvres or on which to enjoy a tray supper.  Available in any of Kindel's wood or painted lacquer finishes, the Mario Twins just might be my next furniture purchase.




Image courtesy of Kindel

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ms. Boles,
    Either I have been channeling your design esthetic for years now, or we are twins. I just moved into a new apartment, and decided that, in a room that I shall use as a small library, instead of a sofa I shall do a lit a polonaise. Darkest brown walls, 14 feet of silk, and in front of the bed, two mechanical tables I purchased after reading a segment you wrote about them years ago. Which leads me to today. I have been trying to figure out the whole coffee table question. I hate the traditional sofa, coffee table, two lamp set-up. Then I saw Mario Buatta tray tables this morning. This is it!! They remind me of the little tortoiseshell tables of Pauline de Rothschild. I imagine them in cinnabar or oxblood. They are well-proportioned and functional.
    Please know that your design sensibility and esthetic has influence and truly reaches people. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a very nice comment, and it made my day. It sounds like your library is shaping up to be extraordinarily good-looking. A cinnabar lacquered finish on those tables would be sublime! I do hope that when your library decorating is complete, you will send me a photo via email (Jennifer@thepeakofchic.com). I would very much like to see it. I'm still looking for a mechanical table for my own living room, but have been able to find one. I continue to search.

      I think we must be twins.

      Delete